DL Hughley Writes Open Letter to His “Ex-Girlfriend” Chick-Fil-A

In pretty funny fashion, comedian DL Hughley has written a public love letter to Chick-fil-A.  The company has been in the middle of a great deal of controversy over its opposition to gay marriage.  The letter is written as a love letter to a woman that he’s breaking up with, making it that much funnier.

Says Hughley:

Dear Chick-Fil-A,

You and I sure have had our share of good times. I fondly recall the first moment I ever met you: it was at the Atlanta airport. I’d always heard about you, and was a little nervous to approach. You were everything everyone said you were and more. It was truly love at first bite. I told you I’d come back, and I did — time and time again. We met in various cities all over the country, each time better than the last, as if we’d never been apart. Isn’t that what true love is, where it picks up right it left off?

The letter then gets political, with Hughley expressing his concerns about the company’s position on gay marriage.  He indirectly accuses the Chick-fil-A management of spewing hate and equates their disagreement with gay marriage with blatant discrimination.

But baby, lately you’ve been doing me dirty. You’ve been speaking with a forked tongue, spewing hate instead of frying love. Who would have thought that a chicken sandwich would become a symbol for both free speech and intolerance at the same time? It brings a whole new meaning to the question, “Do you want it want light or dark?”

I don’t understand why you’re jeopardizing what we have. You’re forcing me to choose between my heart and my stomach. Your president has said that you believe that a marriage is only between a man and a woman. But if anyone keeps eating at your establishment, the only relationship that’ll matter is between a man and his cardiologist. It’s not like anyone, gay or straight, is getting married in your restaurant — nor will any gay couple ever be serving fried food at their nuptials.

Hughley also points to what he considers to be a hypocritical stance by the company. He says that it doesn’t make sense for them to cite one section of the bible and ignore another section of it. Quoting scripture, Hughley argues that Chick-Fil-A shouldn’t be serving chicken anyway.

You say that gay marriage is a sin, like in Leviticus 19:22. But a preceding verse, Leviticus 17:14, says, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.” You don’t cook your chicken in a kosher way. On what grounds are you picking and choosing which edicts to follow?

Comments

comments

57 Responses to DL Hughley Writes Open Letter to His “Ex-Girlfriend” Chick-Fil-A

1. David2001 August 11, 2012 at 8:56 am

I could care less about gay marriage one way or the other but DL Hughley’s like many blacks in the entertainment industry position on gay marriage is about opening doors for themselves in a white liberal industry. It’s odd because Hughley is one of many black buffoons that have no problem calling his own race a n*gg*r for profit and opportunity but is showing all this sensitivity to gays. IMO this is a non issue for black people. Years ago for black people white own restaurants discriminated against us in service and employment. Chick fil a is not denying gay’s access or employment in their restaurants. What it comes down to is many of these black entertainers realize it will effect their bottom line if they don’t jump on board the gay marriage bandwagon in a liberal entertainment industry. Too bad they don’t show black people the same respect they show others.

• lala August 11, 2012 at 11:20 am

preah

• Tina August 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I don’t need to comment because you said it all.

• Barbara August 11, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I’m done with that DL Hughley ever since he got on the Jay Leno show and called Black women the ugliest women on the planet. All Black sites and blogs should boycott his ignorant and stupid self.

He’s not funny, nor will he ever be funny!!

• WizardG August 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

@David2001

“I could care less about gay marriage one way or the other”

Actually the issue is more about discrimination and abuse, than it is, who individuals choose to love and why.
      The issue of discrimination is the link we “blacks” share with other people who are discriminated against and hated because of their differences! I care about gay people, because I care about all people. Gay people are people just like black people are people and we as ‘people’ should all be free from the abuses of retarded, insane, backward thinking religion-infected freaks!

• Raheem August 14, 2012 at 10:33 am

you’re right wizzard, i find it amazing when i see black people on tv publicly discriminating against others. if any group should understand the pain of discrimination in american, it’s black and native american people!

2. Chick Fil A's Step Brother August 11, 2012 at 10:31 am

David 2001 sounds ridiculous! Most things related to civil rights have some black affinity & this is no different but ppl hate when we fight scripture with scripture…as if their interpretations somehow make it law! I wonder how chick fil a’s hoe ass feels about black ppl as a whole…rememBEr it is GA based! I applaud DL for standing for something and not continuing to fall for baseless crap!

…David2001 sounds like a fool for saying this isn’t a black issue. Most ppl that have an issue with civil rights also have an issue with black ppl! Wise up!

• Nedrea August 11, 2012 at 1:33 pm

It is not a black issue. There is a difference between human right and divine right. Human Right is a right to be human and fester human emotions and to be treated as a human being free of hate and abuse and other forms of mis-use. Divine Right is the right simply spoken of in the Bible in so many ways, such as marriage and the creation of Adam and Eve. Divine Right is also defined as a right which the Bible speaks on giving. It does not give Divine Right to homosexuality. In fact, homosexuality is dismissed as appropriate and is prohibited from Judeo Christian life. So it appears that you should be the one to wise up……

• Nedrea August 11, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I meant dismissed as NOT appropriate, due to the creation of man and woman who are able to procreate. man on man and woman on woman cannot procreate. Therefore, G-d said it is an abomination to engage in homosexuality.

• Stephanie C August 11, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Amen Nedrea. I couldn’t have said it better. How can you accept something that your beliefs say is abomination just to secure a job? I stick by my principles. God wil still have the final say. And when we Christians or believers say it is wrong, they accuse us of judging. No the bible says ‘judge not yet ye be judged. I’m not judging it when I know God says it is not acceptable and I should not go along with it. No I’m just stating a fact. Since they don’t want to hear what God had to say, then hear this” It’s Nasty and UNSANITARY. It stinks. The rectum is not something to be played with. Is that why the facial expressions?

3. Udosed August 11, 2012 at 10:35 am

@ David2001, very well spoken

4. D. Barnes August 11, 2012 at 10:58 am

D.L. gets paid to make people laugh. Well, he’s making me laugh by trying to wax deep morally, civilly, and philosophically. First, anyone, anywhere, whenever using scripture, MUST rightfully divide it (as the apostle Paul instructed the evangelist Timothy). Second, what would his stance be if D.L. Hughley Jr. were to come out as out and proud? And third, much of his material spews the “hate” (his words, not mine) that he’s accusing Chick Fil A of spreading. For the record, I’m against same sex marriage (and my sin is openly gay and I love him DEARLY) but opposition is not hate. It is standing up for the standard that God has for ALL if mankind. He is the ultimate judge and he will bring every thought and deed of ours into judgement.

• L. Jones August 11, 2012 at 5:17 pm

When white people used the bible to justify slavery, many believed that their opposition to black freedom was not hatred. It was just opposition. When whites refused to hire blacks, it was not because they hated blacks (according to them) but their interpretation of the bilble informs them that blacks were simply inferior to whites and did not deserve to work in the same workplace. I am not gay, but if one’s opposition to me for any reason denies me of my rights, it does not matter if it is called “opposition” or “hatred”, the result is the same.

5. D. Barnes August 11, 2012 at 11:00 am

I meant to say “son” not “sin”.

6. FL_Lady August 11, 2012 at 11:15 am

I agree with David 2001. Everything you said is on point! Bothers me that anyone could equate the suffering of blacks with the struggle of ANY other group in AmeriKKKa! We (black people) can NOT choose to “hide” or obscure our blackness (Michael Jackson!) in order to receive a fair shot at any opportunity in this country..We can not live “closeted”, and “pretend” to be anything other than what we are. I believe in traditional marriage as well, although I belive that people should have the right to do what they choose..I don’t see any reason to boycott Chik-Fil-A , and I admire theie pres for being vocal about his stance..Too many are afraid to speak because of the repercussions of speaking your mind..

7. Robert2012 August 11, 2012 at 11:15 am

David2001….I like your EXCELLENT counter point about the use of the N-word. The Chick-fil-A issue boils down to what a person believes. People live their lives according to what they believe. People have a right to believe in whatever and live however they desire. It’s a choice. I believe this. EVERY single Christian should be anti-same-sex-marriage and anti-gay because that is biblical. By the way, the Bible is also: anti-adultery and anti-fornication. Wouldn’t that be something if a company declared they were against adultery and against fornication?….Being anti-anything does not mean Christians hate people. Chick-fil-A is not discriminating against anyone. Chick-fil-A has the right to believe what they want and to express it publicly. Christians are commanded to love everyone. You can be anti-Anything and still love people. You can be against a lifestyle and still love the person. This is simply where Chick-fil-A is on this issue. Compromising what the Bible teaches and the overall theme of godly Love is not a good thing. Neither is taking a few scriptures out of context to try and justify something that is clearly anti-Bible. For example, If we think adultery, fornication, stealing, lying is ok: what use is the Bible? These are clearly biblical principles that Christians should stand up for and let it be known. According to the Bible, a marriage is between a man and a woman.

8. Bill August 11, 2012 at 11:20 am

Judas was well spoken too! Beware of this person.

9. Jacqueline August 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm

D. L. is a disgrace to the black race!!!!He’s a coon!!!

10. Mimawright August 11, 2012 at 12:21 pm

@David, @Udosed

Actually the saddest aspect here is the way some African Americans have adopted white homophobia and attempt to claim it is a black bigotry.

Until the spread of radio in the 1930s and then television in the early 1950s, black Americans didn’t buy into white claims of what was and what was not “normal”. Their racism was so abnormal, we ignored their other hatreds as well. While black gays and lesbians were hardly celebrated, they were for the most part left to live their lives in private because black folks figured it just didn’t matter.

Then we bought radios and televisions, stopped attending our own movie theaters and chitlin circuits. We watched black actors speak from white scripts, and white actors wear black face. Many of us began to imbibe these views alongside the white mainstream.

Now, in 2012, more and more African Americans eagerly take on these prejudices invented by whites and, ignorant of our own cultural and political history, assume we have ALWAYS been in agreement with white bigots. White folks are now moving away from their phobias and, like some perverse recycling plant, we pick up their trashy old hatreds, dust them off, set them on our mantle, and declare them a proud part of our African American heritage. Hum.

11. The Motown Sound! August 11, 2012 at 12:26 pm

To the 2 x of you baffoons above…Get Real!

You miss some of the salient points of the message! The one notably at the end of his letter is characteristic of many so called “religious” types in this country…..you can’t cite one scripture then violate another for profit!

Hypocrisy is rampant in our country in many areas of life…..and the one are of our culture where we show the greatest amount of IGNORANCE and HYPOCRISY is in RELIGION……

High Five DL!!

12. Mario August 11, 2012 at 12:26 pm

D.L. is a stupid ass who is so NOTHING to our community. He is not well informed at all. His asinine attempt to be relevant is indeed a failed attempt at best. He is a has been, ignorant black man trying to stay in the lime light a few minutes more. His opinion and influence is about as valuable as an old bus transfer.

13. AC August 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm

What DL fails to realize is that the Scripture he quoted was meant for the Jews. God established His law to separate His people during that time. We are no longer under that law as the Bible says because of what Christ has done through His death. The Bible should be taken in full context. What DL accuses Chick-fil-a of doing, he’s doing himself by picking and choosing Scripture to fit his argument.

• Stephanie C August 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm

It still doesn’t excuse a man playing in another mans rectum. It’s NASTY and UNSANITARY.

• mmdccbslm August 11, 2012 at 7:25 pm

are two women ok?

• Nedrea August 13, 2012 at 9:46 am

No, two women are not okay. It is wrong, no matter how you try to defend it…….

14. BrenofKy August 11, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I admire those that use their gifts to also speak for what they think is right on an issue. I don’t agree with everything said by entertainers, the chicken company, politicians, reporters, etc. but I do agree to right of choice and creative voice as used by D.L in this instance. Folding his opinion into a love letter template was funny and thought provoking. One of his points is that if you are going to uphold that particular bible scripture, then uphold the one in front of it also. My personal belief and private choice for me should not have to dictate what’s best for you and limit your choice. Many talk about big government but this by far is an overreach of government – telling grown and consenting adults what gender they can love and with whom they can spend their lives.

15. BrenofKy August 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I also just heard D.L. Hughley live at the National Medical Convention in New Orleans! Whether you do or do not watch his television shows or movies, he is far from irrelevant! He gave many a much needed laugh as Laughter is Good for the Soul…Try it Sometime…

16. Ron Barnes August 11, 2012 at 1:10 pm

An interesting letter, in that is shows the moral thinking of those in DL’s economic/cultural position. I’m more interested in his take on how the Bible fits into the debate. As a serious student of the Bible, I can see his insightful confusion. It’s not uncommon for those with a little knowledge of scripture to have just enough info to try and argue using the scriptures. Of course, he really doesn’t know what he is talking about OR how the Bible works. He doesn’t recognize the difference between the moral law (which is eternal and applies to all) and the ceremonial law of the Jewish culture (which is temporary and applies only to the Jews.) Just because those scriptures are side by side does not mean they are equally applied. If he had bothered to read the New Testament, which expands on the proper application of the moral and ceremonial law, he would see that the NT continues to promote Male/Female marriage as THE God-endorsed union according to the Design of Life (for obvious reasons), and explains that under grace all are now allowed to eat what they will – with common health sense, of course. I know this is a lesser point in this post, but, hey, someone will receive it. Peace!

17. Juandero August 11, 2012 at 1:22 pm

@David2001,thank you. You said it all for me without having to say anything. Its a epidemic of Uncle Tom syndrome going around in the Black community when it comes to Gay Marriage, when we black people know that this is not important to us and only further our problem that the whole entire country keep ignoring because of our enemies(Whites, Hispanics,Gays Conservation, and Liberals)keep us focusing on their bullshit and use our faith against us (Which I find completely offensive and disrespectful).I’m tired of hearing about this distracting topic that help no one!

18. Danny Boy August 11, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Why is it that Black folks would rather “kill the messenger” rather than internalize the message!! While I am a religious person, I don’t take everything in the Bible literally. Just as I don’t take everything in our Constitution literally. Both these documents were written during times when the authors could never have imagined the kind of world we live in today!! All one has to do is look at our gun laws and how we hid behind the 2nd Amendment to justify them. Times have changed and DL was speaking in terms of today’s social and moral issues.

19. charles mcghee August 11, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I’am still trying to determine how people get “HATE” out of another person saying they believe marriage should be between a man and a women. Most people I know know as far as I can tell do not hate gay people they just think marriage should be between a man and a women. I have rarely heard anyone say a person HATE Black people when they discriminate against us, it’s just said they are prejudice. Gay people are the ones would say people hate them.

20. DELORES MAYS August 11, 2012 at 2:09 pm

If everyone who calls themselves Christians would ban together all the homosexuals would take this mess back in the closet.For there are far more of us than there are of them.You say let them alone well we are suppose to tell them wether they listen are not is on them/but we are asking for everything that God decides to bring on them because we are not speaking up.Hell is forever and read the bible and what it says about not telling the people what He said.The rain falls on the just and the unjust so speak up if you are a Christian.

• Stephanie C August 11, 2012 at 2:30 pm

AMEN @ Delores May. It’s a mess liike this because noone wants to hurt anyones feelings. But the bible does instruct us to keep away from those things that are aboomination. You are so right. If we all stand up together they will get back in their closets and stay there instead of trying to corrupt the whole of society. When it comes to my soul and being poitically correct, well guess what? I choose my soul and my seat in heaven with The Father. The devil is a liar.

• Raheem August 14, 2012 at 10:58 am

the kkk also used bible scriptures in there reasons for keeping black people in slavery. if we go by the bible, you would still be a slave in america.

you kill me with your religion giving to you by your white slave masters. you know a lot about the religion given to you by your slave masters, how much do you know about the religion of your slave ancestors before your slave master gave you that white jesus picutre (created by king james) to hang up in your church?

white man give you a little freedom and now you think you can hate others because you now live and work around white people.

gays are not your enemy, it’s still the man. divide and conquer is still the oldest trick in the book and you are still falling for it!

21. D.Barnes August 11, 2012 at 3:39 pm

On point Ron Barnes.

22. Chabella August 11, 2012 at 4:13 pm

The sexual choice and sexual activity of 2 “consenting adults’ should be the “private” business of the consenting adults. This subject, in my opinion, should not be a public discussion. If two adult people of the same sex choose to co-habitate and/or engage in sexual activity together, THAT IS THEIR PRIVATE BUSINESS- DON’T FLAUNT IT OUT IN PUBLIC. It seems that when in public some same sex couples go overboard with their outward expression of intimacy. A healthy sexual relationship is wonderful and is for both enjoyment and pro-creation.

23. Chabella August 11, 2012 at 4:21 pm

D.L, this letter was not necessary. Are you using this as a publicity tool? You are only contributing to keeping alive a subject that does not need to be refried. Pardon the pun. There are far more important critical topics we as Americans need to be discussing.

24. mmdccbslm August 11, 2012 at 7:31 pm

the most virulent and continual bigotry and persecution usually has a religious basis. Well, Nazis were Christian, too.

25. mmdccbslm August 11, 2012 at 7:34 pm

some more famous christians:
    TeaBaggers
    KKK
    George W. Bush
    The Pope (who protects child-molesting priests)

26. mmdccbslm August 11, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Mark 12:28-31

New International Version (NIV)
    The Greatest Commandment

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[b] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”

27. d-rhyme August 11, 2012 at 10:11 pm

DL got to be eating his chicken raw. Cooking removes blood. Get a stove DL. And a nose to smell the correct hole.

28. Kwame August 11, 2012 at 10:44 pm

May I remind the family that DL is an acronym for “Down Low”. Perhaps our dear “brother” comedian is about to come of the closet…

29. Sheep Baa Baa August 12, 2012 at 1:59 am

I’m confused. Whenever someone points out obvious contradictions in a comic book written by man only a few thousand years ago when human beings have walked the Earth for Millions of years. The first thing they say is one book cancels out the older version or some scriptures are more important/valid then others. First of all the Ten Commandments are in the Old Testament. If the Old Testament is canceled out, no more Ten Commandments? Or are you once again Christian cherry-picking? Next thing, no where in the Bible does it say one sin is greater than another sin. They are all equal. The same imaginary Hell you are supposedly going too for being gay or lesbian. Don’t worry because on the same bus sitting right behind you will be people with tattoos, people who eat shrimp and lobster, don’t forget all the people born in places where they never heard of the gospel of Jebus Christ, devolpmentally disabled and people in coma’s who never accepted the story because they didn’t understand it. No get out of jail free cards are listed in the book for any of those people. Hell should be a very full and lively place. All brought to you by the same God who date raped 13 year Mary while she was married to another man. Forced the children of Adam and Eve to have sex with one another. Helped donkeys to magically talk but somehow can’t seem to defeat Satan that he created and knows what he is going to do before he does it. Meanwhile the most religious people in America. Black people who had never heard of this comic book or it’s characters until Slavery. 400 years of ass whipping and no one shows up to save your Black asses but yet most of you still believe in some Slave Master’s fairy tales to keep you from slitting his throat in the middle of the night. That must’ve been some ass whipping he put on your ancestor’s to have a bunch of you still shaking in your boots hundreds of years later for something that has never shown up to save any of you. I agree DL Hughley is a clown and a idiot. But he is Black. If you are Black in the 21st Century and you can tell me more about some Spooky ass fairy tale than you can about your own History of where you come from, what language you spoke, what religion did your people have before someone brainwashed you to believe that none of that matters anymore. YOu are just as stupid as DL. To sum it all up. A friend of mine likes to sleep with big fat gigantic morbidly obese women. This disgust me. Everytime he brings it up I get ill. But do you see me telling him he is going to hell because I don’t like it? Do you see me telling him to stop being attracted to fat ass grease eaters? Who the hell am I to tell a grown ass person who the hell should make their crotch hot or not? How do issues like Gay marriage effect straight people anyway. If I am applying for a job as Engineer and you are a Janitor how does what you do threaten me? Are we standing in the same line? Black people kill me. Every fucking holiday some stupid ass Bible movie comes on with a cast of White people with English accents playing a bunch of African and Middle Eastern people according to your book, but not a peep out of you supposed Bible accuracy mofo’s. Half of you go to churches with a white Jebus still on the damn walls and when anyone calls bullhshit on you for it. You start sweating and shuffling like some old damn slave. “Well, it doesn’t matter what Jesus looked Like” while you own a copy of “The Passion of the Christ” on blu-ray. Hell you don’t even have to get up off your fat ass and go to a library. Instead of looking at big booty bitches porn all day. You could try learning about the fairy tale you say you believe in by reading about it. How old is the Hebrew cult? How old are the Dead Sea Scrolls? How old is the oldest copy of the Talmud? How Old is Christianity? How old is the KJV? When did they allow Black people to read and own a copy? How old is Islam? When you answer all those questions then answer one final one. How long have Black People who rose up out of African and populated this entire planet as the first Human Beings been here? If the cult of Isis Ra and Enlil didn’t exist until Kemet was in it’s 12th dynasty why do so many Kneegrows claim this made up fictional History story as truth when it can’t be proven as fact. Last but not least. I question the sanity or intelligence of anyone who quotes from a book about our History without any Dinosaurs in it. The reason why religion is called Faith and not Truth or Proof is because there isn’t one Historian of Secular learning, Smidgen of DNA, gravesite, corpse or artifact to prove any of it. You believe because you have “Faith” your chosen story is true. The same mental gymnastics that requires you to believe some made up bullshit also helps you acquire that blindness to the stuff that’s in there that contradicts itself SLAVERY and also put stuff in there that you don’t like that isn’t in there like Abortion. Then what’s the answer when you run out. Oh well you just don’t understand because you don’t know how to read it or you haven’t accepted this make believe bs into your heart that’s why you don’t understand? Ok, you can survive jumping off Mt. Rushmore if just believe hard enough to. Go try it. Because I said so. I don’t know I just wasted my time typing all of that. This White Man won it’s as simple as that. He has your minds. He won. You will never stop giving tithes to Pastor Porkchop so he can buy a new Bentley at 3 Billion dollars a year and he will never tell Black Women who make up his largest contributor’s to stop spending Billions of dollars a year on Weaves and perms to build something for our people with that money. You love being mindless consumers, eating crappy ass soul food, being fat as fuck, diabetic, Cancer ridden, co-dependant little children living off government SSI, SS and Welfare checks because White Jesus tells you that you will get your pie in the sky after you die. Your cousin got shot. Jesus is coming, Your sister is pregnant by some convict, Jesus is coming. Your child got hit and killed by a car, it’s Jesus plan. The bank foreclosed your house, give that check to the Pastor and Jesus will send you a reward. Y’all are insane. All these things of rape, murder, incest and stealing. Not a peep out of any of these Preachers. Half the churches in the Hood have Hookers walking in front of them past 2am at night. But you worried about someone else’s sex life? If this white man which is what Christianity really represents psychollogically disappeared half of you would commit suicide because you couldn’t survive without him. There is only one rule for morality. Treat others like you want to be treated. Everything else is just an excuse given by religion not to do that for idiots.

30. shakirah wilson August 12, 2012 at 7:38 am

Stephanie C you are one of the MOST IGNORANT FOOLS on this planet and are the reason abortion should be pt safe and legal. Its to bad your mother didn’t have the decency to have one. In fact the world would be a better place without ALL of you who believe in fictitous characters ie God, and poorly written books of historical fiction.

• Jalen August 16, 2012 at 4:49 pm

If Stephanie C. is one of the most ignorant fools, there are a lot of us ignoramuses in this hallowed group and I am happy to be categorized as one of them. Thank you very much!!

I just took a cleansing breath. Gee, I am still breathing. I am alive. Your diatribe did not wound me. It did not destroy me.

I will be okay, as will Stephanie C. and all of the others who are unafraid to give voice to their convictions.

Have a nice day.

31. d-rhyme August 12, 2012 at 9:50 am

You just shut it down Kwame. Love it.

32. Lolo August 13, 2012 at 3:15 am

David2001. You said it in a nutshell. It is all about hollywood gay power remembering DL when they make their “casting decisions”.. What a sell out DL is………….

33. Lolo August 13, 2012 at 3:30 am

Thank you for your bold stand Stephanie C. Indeed, we need to stand and run one of satan’s greatest terroist groups(homosexuals) back in the closet. They are after our children, our homes and our very lives. They will ruin a business just because someone takes a stand against their filthy lifestyle. Yet, christians are jailed for taking a stand for right. The tables have turned so vehemently and sadly against God’s people. We better stand together.

34. Juney August 13, 2012 at 10:28 am

I thought I would have to push away from my favorite comedian like I did Felix when she refused to let Tarmoh run the 100. But after reading what DL said, I have have to agree. If one part of the bible applies, why not the other. Many “christians” do not really follow the bible. The result is the bumper sticker WWJD?

35. ICDATRUTH August 13, 2012 at 11:48 am

Why are some of you attacking D.L for the way that he feels but celebrate the way the CEO of Chick fil feels. Rather you hate or not D.L does have a point, why highlight one part odf the Bible and ignore other parts that does not suit you.

Some of you intepret the part that states(?) that homosexuality is an abomination while ignoring “love thy fellow man” part. These are the same people that will kill you and sleep with your wife/husband with no probelm.

Homosexuality has existed before and during biblical times and it will exist when the world crumbles, so do any of you really think that treated them (gays) any differently will make a difference? I don’t believe on gay marriage simply because it is a religous ceremony but I do believe in gay unions giving them the rights the we as straight people have. Why is’nt this accepted? because the same people that at the turn of the century (and still in some parts of the country) with interracial marriages are now attacking gay people under the guise of the bible. Remember the bible was once used to justify slavery.

We as blacks living in America cannot be constantly manipulated by misquoted, misread and misunderstood portions of the bible used to back the user’s agenda.

• d-rhyme August 14, 2012 at 12:58 pm

You are manipulating the truth. Prove gay has always existed!
      The only written evidence is in Rome. Why do Cherokees have no word for gay? No tribe anywhere has a word for anti social anti tribal perversion. Sociopaths did not exist with tribal societies. Sociopaths have rectal sex and tell lies like the one you just told. GET OFF RELIGION. SCIENCE AND COMMON SENSE DO JUST FINE. you absolutely no credibility. The more you tell these lies the more you look like the sociopath you really are. You are driving people away in droves. Get help please.

• Lisa August 14, 2012 at 7:24 pm

you proved gay existed yourself by stating it was in rome. idiot…

36. d-rhyme August 15, 2012 at 1:18 am

Rome fell. Rome is only known society in history except sodom & Gomorrah. You said ALWAYS. HOW LONG DID ROME LAST? HOW OLD IS HUMAN EXISTENCE? DO THE MATH. genius.

37. anthony August 22, 2012 at 3:48 am