Yvette Carnell: Rev. Al Sharpton’s 5 All Time Worst Failures
by Yvette Carnell
Rev. Al Sharpton is set to deliver the eulogy for Rodney King, and I have no idea why since Sharpton has had enough awful moments in his career to demonstrate that he shouldn’t be at the forefront of anything. Since you probably don’t believe me, I thought I’d take a moment to list the five worst Sharpton failures ever.
5. Al Sharpton’s not a journalist, and when he first took the helm at MSNBC’s Politics Nation, it showed. In fact, it still shows. He looked like the muppet Swedish Chef in this segment:
4. Taking Bill O’Reilly to dinner at Sylvia’s soul food restaurant was a publicity stunt, made all the worse by O’Reilly using the Harlem field trip as a way to caricature black folk. Remember how shocked O’Reilly said he was that ”there wasn’t one person in Sylvia’s who was screaming, ‘M-Fer, I want more iced tea.’ ” That insult to black people everywhere was made possible by none other than Al Sharpton.
3. Rev. Al Sharpton went to the White House, with pseudo-black leaders in tow, to discuss a black agenda with President Obama. Instead of getting getting President Obama to commit to an agenda, Sharpton and his posse were sent out in a snowstorm to tell black America that one boat lifts all ships. Later, he would announce that he wouldn’t be criticizing the President – at all.
2. It’s a bit difficult to fight for the rights of the same people that you’re trying to sell predatory title loans to. This was, obviously, a mishap.
1. You already know…. FRAUD.
Powered by Facebook Comments